Question

Unable to connect devices to my Sonos

• 14 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have several Sonos products in my home. None of my devices will connect to my products. This seems to have happened after the last update for my Apple iPhone and iPad. I have talk to support they were supposed to be getting back to me last week and I have not heard back from them

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Go to Settings / Sonos (or Sonos S1) and enable Local Network access. This is an annoying new-to-iOS14 setting that is necessary for the Sonos apps to work.

I already did that.

So, is it possible that you have a mesh network, and your controller devices are connected to a different subnet than the speakers are? Try plugging one of the Sonos devices to your router with an Ethernet cable, and unplug any extender devices, and then see if your controller can connect. If that works, there will be next steps, but since controlav’s suggestion would normally have worked in most cases, we’ll need to do some further testing.