Answered

Two networks - one Controller ?

• 31 August 2018
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I've seen reference to the Controller 'auto-switching' between 2 networks .... not for me. I have to reset the controller to access the devices on each network. How can I have one controller which detects each network as appropriate?
icon

Best answer by castalla 1 September 2018, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Hi Ken!

Advice noted.

As ever there are always 'hidden' factors ...

The original router 1 also runs my Logitech Media Server system (via a Pi Zero-W) - this in turn sets up a bunch of speakers/players scattered around the house - at the moment these include Logitech Radios, a Logitech Touch connected to the main hifi system, a Libratone Zipp speaker, Sonos Play 1, a Google Mini, and a Loewe Airspeaker. All these can be controlled by the Touch display, or via PC/Android, and by an Alexa skill.

Setting up the Sonos as a LMS player/speaker is a good solution because LMS has a very good iPlayer plugin to get Listen Again programmes. A plus is that LMS integration doesn't alter the inbuilt Sonos system.

Given the Beam is almost exclusively used as a TV soundbar, I'm happy to have it on a separate system (although I can control the speakers/players on the other system using the Alexa squeezebox skill!)

Anyway, again thanks for the advice and help.
castalla,

That’s okay you seem to be sorted now, as far as can be expected with two independent networks.

I’m just wondering now what you think of the new Beam, having had it working for a few days? I think you said it was a Birthday present? Hope the recipient is loving it too?... Wish someone would buy me one for my Birthday!... That’s really just a hint to my wife Jane, if she is reading this !! ??
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Yep - sorted !

I'm quite impressed by the Beam - TV sound much improved - has integrated well with a Samsung TV via ARC. The Sonos sound is good also. Alexa is also useful for our needs.

All in all, looks like it'll be staying!
Yep - sorted !

I'm quite impressed by the Beam - TV sound much improved - has integrated well with a Samsung TV via ARC. The Sonos sound is good also. Alexa is also useful for our needs.

Yes, we have the Beam attached to the TV in our dining room, bonded with two Play:1’s we love it too. I may go for another in the bedroom, but I really need to upgrade the bedroom TV before doing that.

Glad you like it. ...All the best.
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Yep - sorted !

Yes, we have the Beam attached to the TV in our dining room, bonded with two Play:1’s we love it too. I may go for another in the bedroom, but I really need to upgrade the bedroom TV before doing that.

Glad you like it. ...All the best.

I have noticed when streaming some film sources (eg. Swedish TV 1 catch-up) there can be a very short drop in the sound - milliseconds. These occur randomly and can disappear totally. A bit annoying when it happens.

cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
castalla - Have you sent Sonos a diagnostic and told them the ID number so they can look into your dropping sound issue? You can do that here, twitter or Facebook now or when they open by phone but that would be my last choice.
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
castalla - Have you sent Sonos a diagnostic and told them the ID number so they can look into your dropping sound issue? You can do that here, twitter or Facebook now or when they open by phone but that would be my last choice.

Thanks. Done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you use Twitter or Facebook to send them the diagnostic number? How did it work for you?
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I posted in the Troubleshooting thread
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Looks like my diagnostic report has been moved into a Home Theater thread - can I expect a specific reply from Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You will usually get a reply, sometimes the Staff misses a post and needs asked a second time. Long weekend so I'd not expect anything back until sometime Tuesday as the staff works through the backlog, which is why I suggested the other methods that might be faster.

The forum does odd things, it probably doesn't matter which topic it ended up under.