Answered

Trueplay 2020

Does Sonos support Trueplay with the 2020 iPad (7. Generation) and the iPad Air (3. Generation)?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 April 2020, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

@kzib167 Thank you for bringing your question to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. If you have an iOS controller that meets our system requirements and you have it connected to your Sonos system then you can Trueplay your Sonos products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Any word on when to expect the touch 7?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US

Coming soon

iPod touch (7th generation)

It usually takes several months after Apple’s release, and may be even more considering the current COVID-19 issues. 

It usually takes several months after Apple’s release, and may be even more considering the current COVID-19 issues. 

given the increased use of home audio systems I would expect it gets higher priority from a feature set point of view :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Given the market share of the touch 7 I doubt it.

Besides I expect Sonos have a skeleton staff of essential workers in at the moment. 

companies will always strive to get bigger marketshare - as consumers, it is now a good opportunity to value the products we have put our bets on, some of us find the time to discover more features or bump into some restrictions, etc.

I would prefer not to risk the lives of the Sonos employees at this moment. I’m willing to allow them a little more time to get this done, presumably while working from home, which not only likely slows coding, but may make QA delayed as well. 

I would prefer not to risk the lives of the Sonos employees at this moment. I’m willing to allow them a little more time to get this done, presumably while working from home, which not only likely slows coding, but may make QA delayed as well. 

by all means, neither would I, there are by far many other more important things in life that need priority

@Stanley_4 Thank for the question but as you well know we are unable to discuss the road map of Sonos products and upcoming releases. I would recommend, as always that you look for any announcements made on the website or here in the Sonos Community in regards to new products and feature updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks, and Rats... 

I was really hoping someone had just forgotten to update that page.

based on devices that are “coming soon” (https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US) and the fact that previous threads have been closed. I’m wondering if Sonos is getting close to certifying iPod Touch 7th Generation to do Trueplay tuning. 

Trueplay configuration is available but fails immediately with a “network error”. I’ve tried turning off 5Ghz wifi and forcing everything to use 2.4Ghz, changing DNS from Cloudflare/Google to just Google, turned off router for a minute and turned it back on. All this even though all Sonos devices communicate and, otherwise, work perfectly well. 

The one thing I have not done is upgrade to S2 software (don’t want to be stuck in it until it’s ready for prime time).

iPod running 13.5.1 and Sonos S1 software is 11.2.1 build 57.3.78190.

I am a Google Pixel 3 user that just wants to tune my speakers. 3x Sonos Play:1, Beam, Sub, 2x Play:5 (second gen), Connect (not currently using this)