Suggestion: Save multiple Trueplay tunings

Userlevel 1

S2 app should allow saving of multiple Trueplay tunings. One benefit for this is that you can easily go back to a previous Trueplay configuration if your latest Trueplay tuning made the sound worse for your Sonos setup.

Also, with the reports that Trueplay gives different results depending on the iOS device you’ve used (e.g., https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/haxk68/sonos_arc_metallic_sound_sonos_community_please/fv7id97/), saved custom Trueplay profiles allow easy/swift comparison between two different tunings.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

+1 I have been thinking exactly same past few days in my quest to get the best out of Trueplay:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/optimum-trueplay-6842990

Would be also be useful to save different Trueplays for different areas of larger rooms, eg Trueplay1 - watch movie on sofa vs Trueplay2 - background music at dinner table.

I am at the stage of planning a purchase and I too would appreciate this capability. Does the S2 app provide it? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Agreed - this would be a really useful feature!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

+1 for this. Especially if it would simplify the process of regrouping a sub with different speakers. Would love the ability to easily use the sub with my Beam for tv watching and with my Fives for music listening, without having to go through the whole process of TruePlay tuning every time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

+1 from me too…

I don’t see a downside to this feature. There is also the factor that android users can’t easily try out new configurations since they can easily retune a setting.  In most cases, just having the ability to restore the last trueplay settings would be sufficient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This would potentially also pave the way to rooms sharing a sub, so you could tune a room with and without. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

+1 here. Not only would this help give feedback on the quality of Trueplay tuning with various devices, but would enable me to more easily experiment with speaker placement without having to retune every time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

+1. It can only help

++1 Highly Anticipated :pray_tone2:

I’d love this feature as it would be great to deploy my ones as surrounds with my beam for the occasional movie night. then back to there usual rooms for music.