Answered

Speaker Pairing and adding Living Room to Whole House group

I`ve got the TV connected to a Sonos bar and there are also two Sonos speakers at the back of the room. The Sonos Controller recognized it all as Living Room. The TV appears as a Source in the Sonos Controller. This works okay when I watch TV.

I`ve got other rooms set up as well. I`ve created a group called Whole House which includes all rooms except the Living Room. This works okay when I listen to music.

Question 1 - Recently, one of the rear Living Room speakers has been lost from “Living Room” and has appeared as a new room called “Den”. So when I watch TV, I need to group Living Room with Den so I can hear the TV through both rear speakers. Do I just need to Pair it with the other rear speaker?

Question 2 - When I`m playing music in the Whole House group, I want to hear it in the Living Room as well, so I add the Living Room+Den to the Whole House group. However, this means they don't work when I watch TV, so I then need to remove the Living Room+Den from the Whole House group. Before I could turn off the TV and play music. Or turn off the music and turn on the TV and it would just work. I didn`t need to keep switching the Living Room+Den in and out of the Whole House group.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 May 2021, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Are the two speakers in the back of the living room connected to the soundbar as surrounds, paired as a stereo pair, or just acting as individual speakers? Which model speakers are they?

There are features in the Sonos app under your soundbar settings called TV Autoplay and Ungroup on Autoplay

TV Autoplay - if music or other content is playing when you turn on your TV, the audio automatically switches to TV audio (default). If you don’t want this to happen, turn off TV Autoplay in your room’s settings.

Ungroup on Autoplay - if your home theater speaker is grouped with other products when you turn on the TV, it automatically drops from the group (default). If you don’t want this to happen, turn off Ungroup on Autoplay in your room’s settings.

The speakers at the back of the living room are Sonos One. I think they were set up as surrounds.

Userlevel 7

Disconnect or “unbond” the Sonos Ones as surrounds from your soundbar and try to reconnect them as surrounds again in the Sonos app to get them all back in the “Living Room”.