Answered

Sonos will not connect to iPad app

• 23 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

My Sonos system is connected fine through my PC and Samsung phone but suddenly my iPad IOS 14  app is no longer able to find my Sonos system. I’ve activated the Sonos system through my iPad system settings. I’ve rebooted the router three times. I’ve rebooted the iPad 3 times and reinstalled the iPad 3 times. I’ve tried connecting the router to a speaker with an Ethernet cable and still it cannot find my Sonos system. The system continues to work through my PC and Samsung phone. It has been working fine and I have made no changes to the system. All other wireless devices working fine.

icon

Best answer by Alan_63 28 January 2021, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure what “I’ve activated the Sonos system through my iPad system settings” means, but have you allowed local network access?

In “Settings”, go to “Privacy” -> “Local Network”.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3092?language=en_US

Badge

Thankfully the matter has been resolved but to clarify it is necessary to make sure Sonos has been selected in the list of devices on the iPad. This had been done.  The issue seems to have been with the Virgin WiFi address which for some reason now needs to be different on the iPad compared to the Samsung phone and PC addresses.  It was working fine before. It’s a matter I will take up with Virgin. Thanks for your time