Answered

sonos remote disconnects due to network

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

My family installed Sonos in a condominium complex that provides high speed Wi-Fi. The signal is strong enough to support Sonos, keep the music streaming (for the most part) but when we want to change the volume or the song we often have to reconnect our phones through the network and then to the Sonos (first world problems I know). Would a Sonos boost or any other product (remote or something I’m overlooking) help this issue? I am essentially looking for something to stay connected to my network so I can control the app?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 December 2020, 04:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If I understand your post, a BOOST wouldn’t make any differece. The controller must be on the same network as the speakers, otherwise it won’t be able to ‘see’ them. If your phones are disconnecting from the condominium’s network, they would still need to reconnect before being able to control the Sonos, even if you had a BOOST. 

I think you may need to figure out why your phones are disconnecting from the condominium’s WiFi. Or get a device (phone or tablet) that doesn’t get disconnected from the network.