Answered

Sonos One Gen 1 and AirPlay 2

• 11 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I just can’t find the answer to this anywhere: Does the Sonos One (Gen 1) support Airplay 2?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 February 2021, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

That’s great. Thanks Ken. 

‘Before’ and ‘After’ selection Airplay screenshots attached...

It’s the Sonos One (Gen 1), not the Play. It does allow me to stream via Airplay, I was just interested why it didn’t have a circle to allow me to stream to multiple rooms. Maybe it’s because I only have the one Sonos speaker at the moment. The second one is coming tonight! Thanks for your help. 

The circles appears when you first select a device - the circles next to the other ‘available’ devices should then appear in the iOS list. They no longer show by default.

Yes, I have Play:1, Sonos One (gen-1) & (gen-2) and the latter two are both Airplay compatible and working here. A reboot of the device and/or router usually fixes things or resetting the network settings on the Apple device. Note too however, the One (gen-1 or 2) will not work as an Airplay device, if they’re ‘bonded’ as a surround to a Home Theatre device.

It’s the Sonos One (Gen 1), not the Play. It does allow me to stream via Airplay, I was just interested why it didn’t have a circle to allow me to stream to multiple rooms. Maybe it’s because I only have the one Sonos speaker at the moment. The second one is coming tonight! Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 7

The Sonos One is compatible. The Sonos Play:1 is not compatible. Do you have the Play:1 or the One? If you have the One, have you tried unplugging it from power for a minute or two? Have you restarted your iOS device?

Thanks GuitarSuperstar. So even the Generation 1 of the Sonos One is compatible? Because for some reason it’s not showing up with a circle in my iOS.

Userlevel 7

The following Sonos products are compatible with Airplay:

• Amp
  • Arc
  • Beam
  • Five
  • Move
  • One
  • One SL
  • Play:5 (Gen 2)
  • Playbase
  • Port