Answered

Sonos keys

Is it chuffing possible to have a clear and clean answer from Sonos tech or managers to understand WHY it is not possible to control SONOS volume with Mac keyboard keys but you have to go through several more clicks to invoke the Sonos controller?????

What is the heck with you Sonos guys… why don’t you make it possible like it was on older systems???

I have checked the forums and you have always found a sneaky way not to plainly answer.

I think it is about time you put the money where your mouth is!!! 

I am utterly annoyed.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 May 2022, 01:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This is due to the way that Apple OS deals with volume.

The Sonos app is not a player running on the Mac, but just a remote control to the system running on the Sonos devices.  The Apple OS only has control over any volume internal to, or being output by the Mac.

If you were to be using AirPlay 2 to send a signal, because the player app in use was on the Mac itself, the volume buttons would be working. But then the OS is still controlling the volume of the output from the Mac, and not the volume of the Sonos directly. 

Thanks very much for your reply!

I nonetheless think, however the techie things works, that if it is possible to control the Sonos volume through the Sonos controller in the menu bar, it shouldn’t be an impossible thing nor unimaginably hard to add a keyboard key combination to manage the volume even with Apple keys … that would make things so much easier and much more pleasant for us users, but probably Sonos scientists know better .