Question

Sonos fails to connect with Apple TV and Youtube app on iPhone.

• 10 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have been using Sonos one product for more than a year now and with occasional hiccups it was mostly working fine. However after I recently updated both Sonos and Apple TV, I am having connection issues. Sonos does appear when attempting to connect with Apple TV but as soon as it connects it just plays for a second and then goes silent. Playing any songs. Directly with Sonos app is not an issue at all. But it doesn’t connect with my YouTube app on my iPhone X either. It is very frustrating. I have tried to reset my router as well as Sonos and appleTv but avail. I was wondering if anyone of you facing similar issues and have any solution for this problem. Any help will be much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @vikexeuk.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To verify, are you streaming AirPlay audio to Sonos?

Aside from the update, was there any change made on the network?

Have you tried to use a different controller to see if the same issue will occur?

When you reboot the devices, were you able to reboot also your iPhone?

If not, kindly try to do so and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, can you please follow the steps here to submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything under the hood causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.