Answered

"Sonos doesn't have enough free space" error when saving a queue as a Playlist

• 16 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have 6418 tracks from Amazon in an unsaved queue and am trying to save it as a playlist. When I try this I get the following message:

"Sonos doesn't have enough free space left to save the queue. Remove old saved playlists or queues in other rooms, and try again"

I have cleared out all other queues in the system without success.

I recall something about Sonos having an overall limit of 10,000 tracks for all playlists. However, I only have one other playlist that totals 1311 tracks so this would not hit this limit.

I'm aware of the 500 track limit when adding Amazon tracks to a playlist but was hoping this would be a workaround. Has anyone else encountered this issue and/or found a remedy?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 16 January 2018, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi there, 1SR. Thanks for posting about this. While you are correct about the general playlist limit of ~10,000 tracks, Amazon Music has a separate limit of ~5,500 tracks when saving as a Sonos Playlist. Keep in mind these figures are depending on metadata. Try reducing the size of the playlist and let us know if you are able to save the Sonos Playlist.

There is no excuse for these limits.and telling people to reduce the size of their playlists is no solution. It isn't possible to overstate the low quality of the SONOS software, which is riddled with bugs and arbitrary limitations. And this includes the fact that it is so feature poor ... where, for instance, are the save/append queue to file and load from file menu items? With those, there wouldn't be any problem with limited memory in the zoneplayers, and users could use external tools to edit the queue.
As has been suggested in response to another of your ill-informed whinges, @jibal, why not just sell your Sonos? You'll find plenty of takers.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi there, 1SR. Thanks for posting about this. While you are correct about the general playlist limit of ~10,000 tracks, Amazon Music has a separate limit of ~5,500 tracks when saving as a Sonos Playlist. Keep in mind these figures are depending on metadata. Try reducing the size of the playlist and let us know if you are able to save the Sonos Playlist.

There is no excuse for these limits.and telling people to reduce the size of their playlists is no solution. It isn't possible to overstate the low quality of the SONOS software, which is riddled with bugs and arbitrary limitations. And this includes the fact that it is so feature poor ... where, for instance, are the save/append queue to file and load from file menu items? With those, there wouldn't be any problem with limited memory in the zoneplayers, and users could use external tools to edit the queue.
Let us know if you run into any further problems. We are happy to help.
Badge
Hi Keith.
Thanks for getting back to me.
It sounds like the 5500 limit is the cause here. I'll try to reduce the size of the queue and will try again.