Answered

Sonos controls not on Lock screen in IOS 15.6

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I used to get lock screen controls on my iphone to control the sonos system. Now they are gone. Not sure exactly when they disappeared, as I’ve updated both Sonos and IOS devices numerous times.

A super convenient feature, which I’m really missing.

I can see this issue has cropped up before, and the solution was to delete non-sonos airplay devices from the ios device.

To me, this isn’t a solution. I would like to cast my phone audio to other devices.

This WAS working. I can’t get a concise explanation as to why Airplay and Sonos aren’t working well together!

Anyone know how to get this working?

icon

Best answer by jwastrel 17 August 2022, 23:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

See this link and note the limitations, some of which I believe are imposed by Apple:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3381

If you go through the document you should be able to hopefully get the lock-screen controls to re-appear.

Badge +1

Thanks Ken,

Turning Bluetooth off and on on my iOS device fixed this issue! Steps were as follows

- Turn Bluetooth off on iOS

- Completely close and restart SONOS app on iOS

- Play music on SONOS, checked Lock Screen, controls were there.

- Turn Bluetooth back on. Lock Screen controls still there.

Will update when I find out what is conflicting with SONOS (Probably my Sony Bluetooth earbuds)

Cheers all!

JW