Answered

Sonos controller for android 13.4.1 no longer work with screen reader talkback.

• 10 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi.

I’m blind and using screen reader talkback on my android phone. Earlier Sonos has worked perfect with talkback and I have used it for many years now. Since version 13.4 Talkback no longer reads my sonos tab. When I activate my sonos tab and try to move between the controls I get “can’t connect to sonos” message. No matter what i Do. If I switch to library, system or search it works perfect and I can listen to music, radio and podcast without any problem. If I turn off talkback and let a sighted person use my sonos tab it works perfect. But with talkback on it only says can’t connect to sonos on that tab. 

I tried another little older android phone and the same appears on that one too after updating Sonos app to 13.4 and 13.4.1.

I hope that can be fixed soon.

Best regards 

Tony

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 14 December 2021, 12:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @SM6XGP , thank you for reaching out. We are aware of this issue and working on a fix but unfortunately have no timeline to share.