Sonos Controller CR200 unable to connect to a Sonos component

• 11 February 2017
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Controller CR200 unable to connect to a Sonos component.... the exact error message I get is "The controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1) ".. I already ran the Diagnostic report, confirmation number is: 7091539.... please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Is your system in SonosNet mode (aka 'BOOST Setup'), with at least one Sonos device wired to the network? A CR100/200 can't connect otherwise.
Badge +3
Is it a controller that hasn't worked with your system before? I've just been on the phone to support and they've sorted me out. Do you get as far as the press play & vol up buttons and then it goes back to the can't connect message?

If so if it's the same as my issue then the software of one of your units needs downgrading, connect the controller and then upgrading again. Sonos did this remotely for me and I was up and running in 10 minutes once my call was answered.

Unfortunately the touch screen has too many dead areas for me to actually use the controller 😞
Badge +3
Is it a controller that hasn't worked with your system before? I've just been on the phone to support and they've sorted me out. Do you get as far as the press play & vol up buttons and then it goes back to the can't connect message?

If so if it's the same as my issue then the software of one of your units needs downgrading, connect the controller and then upgrading again. Sonos did this remotely for me and I was up and running in 10 minutes once my call was answered.

Unfortunately the touch screen has too many dead areas for me to actually use the controller 😞
Badge +3

I'm having the same exact issue trying to connect pressing the buttons you can see that is trying to connect it says connecting please wait this may take a few minutes but then it goes to the errors controller was unable to connect with Sonos component please try again