Answered

Sonos android APP to browse folders

• 9 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

A suggestion for the sonos APP: capability to browse folders.

Currently, the APP (at least in Android), in the “Browse this device”, the available options are:

• Artists
  • Albums
  • Genres
  • Songs
  • Playlists
  • Podcasts

I suggset the addition of the option to browse folders. Why? Because not al files have the correct data to be identified, so if I look for a band (for example), not all songs are showing up. So, if I could browse to the folder containing all the files for the band (and the subfolders containing albums) and was able to play (recursively so to include any subfolder in the folder) from this folder, it would not matter whether the files have the correct data or not.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by John B 9 March 2021, 20:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi. You are perfectly entitled to make such a suggestion. However,  I think playing from the device is a low priority for development for Sonos and you are unlikely to save any changes.

In any case, sorting out the data on the files would be a better solution.

If you stored your tracks on a NAS or computer and set up a Sonos Music Library then you would have a Folders view.