sonos alarm snoozing feature does not work!!!!

• 26 August 2021
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Sonos team- 

I’ve seen countless threads in the community over the last year of how this Snooze feature does not work. It’s clear this is a big, and as a software engineer, I can tell you this is probably the simplest bug to fix. 

I’m  sure you have other items in the backlog, but why has this simple feature not been addressed in over a year?!?!

It’s clear the community wants it, and it’s clear this is a major value proposition of the Sonos One SL. 

please reply to my post as you have not replied to anyone who is facing the same challenge. This is an awful user experience, and as a public company I expect that you address customer issues in a more customer centric way by READING THE COMMUNITY BLOG AND ACTING ON IT

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Byou, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just to confirm, are you experiencing the issues when using an iOS based controller?

Does the alarm popup fail to appear at all, or does selecting Snooze do nothing at all, or the alarm never reactivates?

It does look like we’ve reproduced this on our side, and are investigating the issue - thought it may be worth reaching out to our Customer Care team via live chat or phone call so they can get some further details :)

Thanks for the reply. When my alarm goes off, I try to open the notification from my Home Screen which opens the app but does not give me the pop up that allows me to snooze or dismiss. 

ideally, I should be able to snooze/dismiss from the Lock Screen itself with the notification. But at the very least when I open the app it should know that I’m looking to either snooze or dismiss. In any case, why is this functionality just a pop up within the app? If the app knows that the alarm is ringing, there should be a dedicated page or banner within the app that is active until I execute a snooze or dismiss (or if times out). Really simple addition that will make this feature actually work

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Byou, understood - if using an iOS device, you should be able to Snooze the alarm my long pressing the Alarm notification from the lock screen

You can find some information on Sonos alarms here. It may also be worth reinstalling the app, or recreating the alarms, however if you’re still unable to get the Snooze option, I’d recommend reaching out to our Customer Care team to take a closer look.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Xander. Nothing you just mentioned works unfortunately. Why is this such a challenging thing to figure out in your code base? There are a handful of posts like these in the community, so it’s clearly a widespread issue.

I cannot spend another hour talking to customer care and redoing the same exact steps you just laid out above. We need this stuff resolved in the next release. It should be a very low hanging fruit from an implementation perspective, not sure why this has not been done yet. Please raise this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you want to jury-rig something as an alternative while Sonos fixes this issue, SoCo-CLI can be used to snooze alarms:

https://github.com/avantrec/soco-cli#alarms

Usage example:

> sonos Bedroom snooze_alarm 30m

You’d need to decide on how to invoke the command conveniently.