Sleep timer triggering the LED?

• 30 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I recently picked up a Sonos One to use in the bedroom as a music/radio player at night. 

Mainly this will be getting used in the evening, which leads me to want to use the sleep timer-function. 

However, when I use the sleep timer, setting it in the app on iOS, a green LED is lighting up the room whenever the timer is running out (even though the lights have been turned off in the settings). This seems quite counterintuitive to me since I would expect a sleep timer/mode to avoid any unnecessary light being turned on.

Is there a setting that I am missing that one could use to turn off this functionality or will there always be a flashing light whenever the sleep timer is used? If anyone has any suggestions/thoughts - do let me know! Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheers 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

That does seem counterintuitive. I’ve got two suggestions, then I’m at a loss, and it could be an issue with Sonos itself.

I tested this on a a PLAY:1 and it does not exhibit this behavior, so it makes me wonder if there’s a slight issue with the Sonos One. I’d try first unplugging the speaker from power, then waiting a minute, and plugging it back in. Essentially forcing a reboot of the speaker. 

The other thing I’d try is a toggle of the setting for the LEDs. Turn it back on, then back off. 

But, it might help Sonos if you were to submit a diagnostic, too. There may be information in there that would help them track down the issue….or, their may not, unfortunately, as LED status isn’t something I would have thought to include, but who knows, and it certainly is only a moment to do so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does the sleep timer end with zero volume? Because green light on a Sonos signifies mute/zero volume.

Badge +20

Mine exhibit this, I use a sticker called LightDims which makes it acceptable.

The sleep timer does indeed reduce the volume but it set the volume back to the volume prior to the sleep command, no green light.

The mute LED does light briefly when the timer expires, presumably because the volume is faded out.

Thanks to all for your replies! It’s good to know that my One is not the only One functioning this way. 

Placing something to cover the LED seems like a good first step and I’ll try that and maybe also send an Q to the support.

Cheers! 

I like LightDims.

I’ve got several of their products in a drawer that I find occasionally. More often, I tend to use electrical tape, cut into small pieces. That’s stored in the tools area, and easier to find. ;)