Set Different Alarm Volume Levels of Players

• 25 September 2012
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 10 replies
Basically I am very satisfied with the system. I have a few boxes throughout my house and would like the ability to set an alarm for the different play 3 and play 5 items that I have, but with individual sound levels. At this time the level you set applies to all of the rooms.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 1
@Bjorn Yeah it's frustrating - I really don't see why they can't add this feature... it's obviously been an issue for years!

@laukvik Setting the volume will not trigger the speaker to play (there is a separate command for that).  My alarm is set to only go off during the week, however my python script is still set to run at the weekend, so the volume will get set but nothing will actually play - which is perfect.
any progress on this Sonos??
Userlevel 1
I'm am 99.99% sure Sonos directs people to this forum as to not provide customer service. 
This thread is over three years old. Its not exactly a difficult thing to solve in software. People have resulted to finding third party hacks to do what the shipping software should have done when shared zones were introduced. This, plus the continued lack of built in AirPlay without hardware hacking the devices makes me firmly believe they fired their software developers years ago.
Seriously, shame on Sonos for not addressing this by now, one way or the other, and leading people on by telling them to go away and post their problems with Sonos devices in this forum. I haven't and I won't be purchasing or recommending any Sonos products until they can start responding and fixing at least the simple problems like alarm volume levels.
Sonos, are you listening?
Userlevel 1
Ben, it won't take much longer before Apple will enter this market with a similar, yet better alternative. Time to turn to Craig's List with your obsolete Sonos stuff then.
Userlevel 2
Alarms just do not work well.

Yes, I do want the bedroom and kitchen alarm to go off together. No I don't want the back patio to play music to my neighbors in the morning. (It will unmute devices if you happen to use that method of controlling which devices play.)

No, I don't want them to play at the same % volume. That does not create an even sound

No, I don't want to have to remember to group the rooms just right before going to bed.

It's amazing that this basic feature has not been fixed after two years. This is not a feature enhancement that we should have to vote on; it's a plea to have this feature just work correctly.
+1!

Every morning I have to adjust the speakers in the bathroom and living room manually because the volume in the bedroom is set to only 2 % or something like that.

Can't be so hard to implement it...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Is this fixed yet? If not, does anyone have a link to a third party controller that actually does what the customers want?