Question

Separating Play One and Move

• 3 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I use play one in my study and move in kitchen. Play one stopped working from app on PC and iphone. All efforts to update failed - going around in circles. Now if I use latest sonos app both speakers play. I want to control them from separate apps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @aaemerson.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

Both of your speakers (Move and Play: 1) are compatible with the new Sonos S2 app that’s why the speakers work when using the latest app and that is an indication that you have an S2 Sonos system. 

If I understand it correctly, you want to have a split or two Sonos systems that you can control using separate apps?

Setting up separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems is an option for those who would like to update to the new S2 app but continue to use your S1 Sonos products (not compatible with S2), you can split your Sonos system into two separate systems and control them both using two apps, please refer to the attached article for more information. 

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how that goes.