Searching for and removing duplicates from a playlist

• 11 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I am using Apple Music with Sonos and have many songs in a playlist. I would like to sort or search the songs so I can find and remove duplicate songs.

If this is not available, please consider it in a future release!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @stgeorgesags.

Thanks for reaching out.

The interface with the Sonos app is a joint responsibility, with the majority of implementation being done by the music service, and Sonos handling the API.

Though I can definitely see the benefit of this function, currently, you can't sort/edit Apple Music playlists on Sonos and we don't tend to comment about what's coming for the future.

I’ll make sure to pass this along with the team, and it’s best if you can get this coordinated with Apple to let both sides know about the feature you're looking for.

We highly appreciate all your feedback, feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have.

Given that people have been clamoring and screaming for this FOR ABOUT THE LAST DECADE, I doubt you will do anything to sort or remove duplicates from even curated Sonos playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

(Updated with easier method)

Export your playlist using my iOS app (see profile) in SoundIIZ format.

Load that into soundiiz.com then copy into your music service of choice, and select the “remove duplicates” option.