Answered

Search music in Sonos app doesn't work (only radio stations)

• 8 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hey, my parents have a sonos system and it convinced me to buy my own Sonos speaker. Now, my parents can play music directly from sonos (you search for any artist and it shows up). They are using a Sonos controller (not the Sonos app). I just installed my Sonos :1 player, and it appears that I can only play radio stations from the app. I can't search for artists or music directly (results say "nothing found"). I guess I could use a 3rd party streaming service (spotify, itunes, etc.), but I prefer not to. Is there any reason why my parents have access to a free and very large database of music on Sonos, and I don't? Do I need to change something in my settings? Thanks for your support! P.
icon

Best answer by controlav 9 June 2018, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Where are they getting their music from, exactly? They must be using a music service or a local share of mp3s, Sonos doesn't come with "a large database of music" itself.