Answered

S2 Controller not displaying current Streamed song correcty

• 5 January 2021
  • 2 replies

When playing Sirius XM stations using the S2 controller the current song is not displaying correctly. Is this a Sirius or Sonos issue? Seems to have started after I upgraded to the S2 controller.  

Anyone else running into this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 January 2021, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It could be either, or both, it’s hard to tell. 

It’s possible that you have some wifi interference , or a duplicate IP address issue that is interrupting the ‘fetch’ of the correct data to display. It’s worth reading the FAQ I linked, and checking your network. I’d also encourage a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot the router. Once the router comes back up, go ahead and plug back in the Sonos devices.

But, it’s also conceivable that there is an issue on SiriusXM’s servers, not sending the correct data over to your controller. You might want to check with their CS reps as well. It could be as simple as them refreshing / rebooting the server they use to feed Sonos users. 

I suggest that you start by submitting a diagnostic immediately after one of these events, record the confirmation number and post it here. This will allow SONOS staff to see the current system status and recent activity. Next you can force close and restart the controller. This is quick, easy, and may work around the current issue, but it will not resolve fundamental problems. Next would be the network reset suggested by Airgetlam, but this is a lot more work.