Answered

Reverse Sonos App, terrible Sonos S2 update!

• 10 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Yesterday after a confusing and not straight process,my Sonos system updated to Sonos S2 app. This “new” app, besides having an ugly color it doesn’t work well as the “old” app.

I lost the Volume control and preview of songs! 

Is it possible to roll back to the previous app?  No matter that my hardware has been updated?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Charlie111 11 June 2020, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The app is fine. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.  And reboot your speakers. 

The app is fine. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.  And reboot your speakers. 

The app is NOT fine! I not able to manage volume outside the app, I need to open the app each time I want to change volume. It doesn't even show on the volume menu of my S10! Also the song I was listening to was showing on scroll down menu like YouTube and now it doesn't show! 

The app is NOT fine! I not able to manage volume outside the app, I need to open the app each time I want to change volume. It doesn't even show on the volume menu of my S10! Also the song I was listening to was showing on scroll down menu like YouTube and now it doesn't show! 

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Thanks anyway. 

Hey Sonos,

I am sure that COVID has affected your resources, but honestly the new S2 app is atrocious!

Barely a day goes by where a problem stops my system from working and it is usually due to  issues with Alexa and S2 giving conflicting instructions. The S2 can’t seem to override a previous instruction from Alexa or Spotify via Airplay

The new App frequently loses my speakers, telling me to turn them off or reboot my router. My speakers are on the ceiling, I need a ladder. It’s painful. Please fix this!

A Sonos fan losing it’s lustre...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can go back to S1 so long as you left one device running S1. If you upgraded everything then I don’t believe there is a way back.