Answered

Podcasts and shows filter missing

• 6 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I have the S2 app and the “podcasts and shows” filter just isn’t there anymore. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried deleting the app and reloading it, system reset, and I am perplexed. I thought maybe it was no longer available but I checked in with a buddy of mine and the filter was available on his app. We both have iPhones, though not the same year. 

Does anyone know the fix for this?

icon

Best answer by controlav 19 February 2021, 02:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chrisgarp,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. You can play podcasts from the Spotify app to your Sonos speakers. However, streaming Spotify podcasts on Sonos devices is not yet available in the Sonos app. What I can do is to submit this as a feature request to our engineering team so they can take a look. We don’t have information to share with you but you can check our announcements for any feature releases and updates.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

That doesn’t answer my question. There used to be a tab in the search mode. You know, such tabs as “artists”, “songs”, “albums”, “playlists”, etc. one tab was labeled “podcasts and shows”. That tab is no longer available for me, however, a friend of mine also has an iPhone and uses the S2 app and the “podcasts and shows” tab is available on his app. That seems very strange to me. It just disappeared.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That doesn’t answer my question. There used to be a tab in the search mode. You know, such tabs as “artists”, “songs”, “albums”, “playlists”, etc. one tab was labeled “podcasts and shows”. That tab is no longer available for me, however, a friend of mine also has an iPhone and uses the S2 app and the “podcasts and shows” tab is available on his app. That seems very strange to me. It just disappeared.

The presence of those tabs depends on the music service chosen (or is hard-coded in the case of local library). I am guessing your friend uses a different music service to you.

In this case a screenshot would be worth a thousand words.

Did anyone find an answer to this. Same thing has happened to me a few days ago. Been using the podcast and shows option below the search bar for years, so whoever the person was who works for sonos and said they don’t have the podcast option, obviously doesn’t know the app 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did anyone find an answer to this. Same thing has happened to me a few days ago. Been using the podcast and shows option below the search bar for years, so whoever the person was who works for sonos and said they don’t have the podcast option, obviously doesn’t know the app 

Which music service?? Post a screenshot to resolve all ambiguities. Podcast is not a built-in search category, it must be from whichever music service you are using.

Yep! Same thing happened to me. Really frustrating. Also the puzzling thing is if I deselect WiFi on my phone, the podcast menu appears, select Wifi it disappears again. I’m no Techie, so an idiots guide to resolving this would be most appreciated. 

screenshots attached  

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yep! Same thing happened to me. Really frustrating. Also the puzzling thing is if I deselect WiFi on my phone, the podcast menu appears, select Wifi it disappears again. I’m no Techie, so an idiots guide to resolving this would be most appreciated. 

screenshots attached  

Thanks

Easy: If there is no connection then the Search Category list is hard-coded in the app, and includes Podcasts. Once connected the app can get the real Category list from each and every service, and if no service supports Podcasts then it will not show up in a tab.

I have this very same issue. Podcasts and Shows used to be there in my search bar. I got in touch with SONOS and they don’t know how to solve it. I even sent them a video. Basically, when I open the app on my iPad it shows up and then disappears. On my iPhone because the screen isn’t as wide, it’s not possible to see the ‘Podcasts & Shows’ tab disappear.  It’s a clearly an issue they don’t know how to solve, and a few people are unable to access podcasts from their SONOS app.