Answered

Plex connecting to wrong server

• 29 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have been runnning a Plex service into my Sonos, all was working great until I rebuilt my Plex server and used a different server name. The old server has been deleted from my Plex account so it just shows one server but my Sonos keeps trying to connect to the old name. I have removed the service and reauthorised but it's still trying to connect to a server that is no longer there. Any ideas how to fix?
icon

Best answer by andrewh 2 August 2017, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks to the support guys for helping on this one, easy fix. When you add the Plex service and if it selects the wrong server just go the bottom of the screen and you will see "other libraries" - select that and there I found the correct server. 😃
Badge
I saw that "other libraries" and thought nah, that's not right. Thank you Andrew! That's what I needed.
It's SUPER nice that there is a work around, but is there any resolution to the problem? My Sonos continues to try to connect to a Plex server that has been removed weeks ago. I removed the old server under devices. Everything has been updated / rebooted. Just wondering if there is any way to get Sonos to stop looking for servers that no longer exist.