Question

Please Help - App can't find Sonos system

• 23 June 2020
  • 8 replies

App can’t find Sonos

Got a new cable Modem. Same router – same SSID and Password. All my wi-fi devices reconnect immediately – except Sonos of course. I press the “Infinity Button” and the App starts looking immediately (therefore, it is detecting the key press (no problem). It says it has detected my system, but then immediately goes back into an error state – “No system found”

I read once where Sonos is going to disable older speakers to make you buy new speakers?

I have two Play5’s and two stereo pairs of Play One (Gen 1)

I’ve deleted and re-installed the App – still doesn’t work

Any solutions? Can’t Sonos make a more robust system here? – sorry I’m frustraed

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Anyone?

Is your new router still broadcasting a 2.4 GHz channel for the Sonos to connect to? Even with the same SSID and password, the Sonos can’t latch on to a 5Ghz channel. You could always connect one of your speakers (or a BOOST) to your router with an Ethernet cable. 

Yes - same SSID , Password , and 2.4 Ghz. I’ll try the Ethernet cable approach. What worries me is that I see other complaints that suggests the issue may be related to the S2 rollout. I just hope that my $1500+ investment is now a brick

Thanks for responding

Running S2 on my 18 speakers with no issue. Doesn’t mean much to you, but it makes it hard to understand that it’s a software issue. Seems much more like a local network issue, so far, but as you know with networking, there are no guaranties. 

Might be worth double checking that the 2.4Ghz channel is b/g, and not just n compliant, too. 

Tried connecting to Ethernet - says found system - then reverts back to “no system found” . Tried S2 , no luck. Went to dl S1 Again - no longer on website. I have two PLAY5 - 1 gen. If I throw these in the trash, will everything work?

Can you actually speak to someone at Sonos?

I’m very frustrated now

Sure, you can contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more options available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @schmidtbaby.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Let me share with you first how to download the Sonos S1 app since you have mentioned you have Sonos Play 5 1st Gen which would only work with Sonos S1 Controller.

You may choose the appropriate Sonos app based on what the controller is. That link has both the Sonos S1 and S2 app choices.

Then please follow the guide below.

• Connect one Sonos device to the router via ethernet cable. (once the Sonos Play 5 goes solid white, reboot/power cycle the 2nd Sonos PLay 5).
  • Open the newly downloaded Sonos S1 controller and please choose to connect to the existing system.
  • Then follow the wireless set up on the Sonos app and just follow the prompts.

Please keep us posted. Looking forward to the result.

Thanks,