Answered

playing different music on separate sonos units at the same time

• 24 January 2018
  • 6 replies

i have 2 play 5 units and some play 1 units. I used to be able to play different music in different rooms at the same time but can no longer do that. If I put music on in one room and someone else wants to play something else in another room it switches all the units to the same music. does anyone else have that problem and how can I fix it???
icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 January 2018, 01:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You have to switch rooms by using the Rooms tab. Play in current room, tap rooms tab, choose room, then Browse, My Sonos or Search tab to choose music in that room.
thanks. does that work if two different devices (iPhone and iPad) are controlling the music in each room?
It certainly should.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
As long as you and the other user(s) make sure they're controlling the correct room before selecting new music, there shouldn't be any inadvertent changes. The name of the currently selected room, along with what's playing in that room, is always displayed above the five icons at the bottom of the screen.
Could it be managed trough the Windows app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes. If anything its easier on the Windows desktop app.