Answered

Norton Security Premium with Sonos Controller S2 on MacBook Pro running Big Sur?

• 23 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Sorry if I sound very frustrated - I am!

My iPhone works fine with the S2 App, but my MacBookPro (my preferred method to control my system) is an absolute PITA!

I am running Big Sur 11.1

I am also running Norton Security Premium.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

I have played around so many times with Firewall application blocking rules, I’ve lost the plot!

Does somebody know how to set this up so that it works and keeps working once I restart the machine?

It’s not just that it doesn't work, it hangs, so then you have to ‘force quit’, often a number of times. Then restart the machine, then play with the Firewall rules again etc etc

Everything I find seems to be old and refers to Norton 360 and even if it just refers to Norton, it is not specifically to referring Sonos S2.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer …

H

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 January 2021, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I probably should add that the App on my iPhone works perfectly!

If anybody has any ideas, I really would appreciate some help.

If you need more info about what I am running, just let me know,

Thanks

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic from both devices, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic numbers here for a Community Moderator to pick up. That way, they can compare and contrast the two, to see exactly where the failure point is. 

If you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hi,

Thanks for responding, I think I will have a chat with the phone folks tomorrow, to see if I can sort it out.

H