New User Interface not as intuitive

• 10 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Is anybody else finding that the new User Interface on an iPad is no longer as intuitive as it was before the recent upgrade? I'm not against change but this seems to have gone to far. Seems like a lot more selections required to Group SONOS units, and then to select music or radio items. The bar at the base of the window for home, units etc. perhaps should be visible on all screens. Less than impressed with this upgrade.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I like the new app overall (grouping is one thing that seems a lot easier for me now, at least from the "now playing" window), but I think your suggestion that the bottom bar be visible on all screens would probably make navigating a lot easier.
I've gotten so used to the new interface after working to install 3 pairs of in-ceiling speakers and adding a connect:amp, and playing with alexa integration that I can't remember how the old app worked. I just remember hating the grouping before.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I agree with the post about the new upgrade. I preferred it as it was, I'm still struggling to get to grips with it. I find the new white colour intrusive especially at bed time. This is where I use my sonos mostly and I don't want to wake my wife up to re activate the timer or change something and so have to leave the room to make the change so as not to wake her up. why not have colours you can pick yourself. I would also like to pick my own time on the timer. Often 1.5 hours would suit me but it jumps from 1 straight to 2 hours. Why not let you put your own time in like iplayer does
I agree, the new interface is HORRIBLE. I’m considering getting rid of all my Sonos. I used to rave about Sonos. Now we can’t group easily. Endless errors and u can’t choose music before choosing the room. It’s very confusing and not intuitive at all.
I agree, the interface is much worse than before. Would love to hear a comment from Sonos?
Here's a comment:

Hi everyone, we appreciate the feedback all around.

The team is listening and working to incorporate your feedback into the new app. You'll see some changes coming to the next versions of the app. They're looking into the brightness of the app and working on ways to balance the contrast. They're also looking into ways to improve the general flow of the app, and streamline navigation.

Thanks for sharing and please let us know what you think as the app develops.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/now-available-the-new-sonos-app-6791306/index20.html#post16186081