Skip to main content

There seems to be a limitation of the number of tracks possible in the Queue. I am using Spotify. I am unable to add my large playlist. I did get it to work selecting all but a few tracks in my playlist and then clicked add to end of playlist. It added 6000+ tracks but took an hour to add them. I can not save the queue not. Says its out of memory.

Does anyone know?

What are the playlist limitations?

Hello @Janky 

The limitations on playlists is going to vary depending on the metadata associated with them.

• General 10k track limit (total for all playlists)
  • Music Library Tracks: ~10k with minimal metadata and directory structure)
  • Music Service specific:
    • Google Play Music: ~3k (+/- depending on metadata)
    • Amazon Music: ~5.5k (+/- depending on metadata)
    • MOG Tracks: ~7k (+/- depending on metadata)
    • Rhapsody: ~10k (+/- depending on metadata)
    • Spotify: ~6.75k (+/- depending on metadata)

If you are continuing to have issues with saving queues and playlists, I suggest that you  submit a diagnostic report and respond with the confirmation number so that we can evaluate you system for other potential issues. 

With reference to the thread title, the limit on tracks in the actual queue is a little over 64000.

As per the aggregate limits on Sonos Playlists noted above, such a large queue clearly can’t be saved.

interesting case - my music library on my NAS holds over 24k tracks and my largest imported playlist over 6.7k tracks - one of the workarounds to play such a large playlist is to select in the drop down menu: play now - this will start playing the playlist and will add the tracks in the queue

Imported playlists are loaded straight into the queue, so the salient restriction is likely to be the time it takes to do so. Sonos tends to throw a timeout error if a queue loading operation goes beyond 15 seconds. How many tracks it can load from the playlist will depend on the speed of the network and storage media.

If Sonos has to wait for an idle NAS disk to spin up on first access this can eat into the time available for loading a large playlist. The standard workaround is to kick the NAS into action beforehand.