Manage music library greyed out

• 5 January 2015
  • 5 replies

The manage music library button is greyed out and can not be used.  We have used it several times before.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Does it appear this way regardless of which controller is used? Please submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.
I had to update the controller on my macbook, by selecting "Check for updates" option in the "Sonos" drop down menu. The update didn't take the first time as most of the options in the "Manage" drop down menu were still greyed out. I tried the update again and the second time it worked successfully as when I selected the "Manage" drop down menu, all the options were available again and no longer greyed out.
I had to update the controller on my macbook, by selecting "Check for updates" option in the "Sonos" drop down menu. The update didn't take the first time as most of the options in the "Manage" drop down menu were still greyed out. I tried the update again and the second time it worked successfully as when I selected the "Manage" drop down menu, all the options were available again and no longer greyed out.

I had to do the install 3 times, and then the "Manage" menu item was clickable.
My confirmation number is: 6949330 - I hope I can get sonos support to respond, this is frustrating, that i do multiple updates and still the manage menu items remain grayed out including the option to refresh a music folder or add a music folder.

Please advise - N.
My confirmation number is: 6949330 - I hope I can get sonos support to respond, this is frustrating, that i do multiple updates and still the manage menu items remain grayed out including the option to refresh a music folder or add a music folder.

Please advise - N.

Your operating system may be only partially supported, with some settings missing. For full Settings menu functionality, you need the following:

Android: Android 4.0 and higher (certain features require higher versions of Android)
iOS: iOS 8 and higher (certain features need higher versions of iOS)
macOS: 10.9 and higher
Windows®: Windows 7 and higher