Question

Latest Kindle Fire 8 as a Sonos Controller

• 30 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi, I've just purchased a Sonos 3 and a Kindle Fire 8 HD to control it with. The trouble is the Kindle loses the connection to the Sonos regularly which is really annoying. This doesn't happen using either an iPhone or Samsung S7.
I've connected the Sonos via ethernet and wirelessly and still get the same problem. Any ideas what the problem might be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, RoxBoss. Welcome to the community. Could you please get the Kindle Fire successfully connected, then provide a diagnostic confirmation number? This way we can see where exactly it is going wrong. Does a router reboot normally rectify this issue? Many thanks in advance for the information provided.
Badge
I also use a Fire HD8 (2017 version) and I don't have this issue. I have an ASUS router and for a while I did get a similar problem to what you're mentioning. I've solved it by disabling the "Airtime Fairness" feature for 2.4GHz (I've left it on for 5.0GHz). In the meanwhile I've also got a Boost and I've re-enabled the "Airtime Fairness" and I didn't get any issues.
Hi, thanks for your replies. I have a Netgear router without any airtime fairness features but thanks for the suggestion. I've since realised that I get the same issue intermittently with my Samsung S7 phone too. I can see the Sonos within explorer in Windows 10 so this is connected ok. I've submitted diagnostics for both Fire and Samsung devices.
RoxBoss, if you've submitted diagnostics, you should post the numbers of them here for Edward R to reference.
Hi, sure, here you go:
Kindle Fire 8: 8345260
Samsung: 8345354