Answered

Kindle Fire 7 and update marker on version 8.5

• 13 April 2018
  • 6 replies

I have recently purchased a Kindle Fire 7 - the first of these devices that I've owned. When loading the Sonos software initially, I found it on the Amazon app store, and it worked fine. I didn't know how to lock off updates (which are locked off on all my other devices) so it autoupdated to 8.5. I've changed all the other devices to 8.5, but no matter what I do the update marker still shows on the Kindle Fire version. I've de-installed and re-installed, I've now found out how to stop auto updates on the Kindle, but nothing seems to make any difference - it still shows as an available update. It seems to be running the latest version. I've also enabled the external store option, but it doesn't make any difference.
It does get into a logic loop, if I take the update option - if I click update now, then it says that 'sonos app needs updating'. Click update then I get 'continue to the amazon appstore'. Cancel goes back to 'sonos app needs updating'.'Continue' takes me to the appstore, but only an 'open' option, not an 'update'. Click 'open' and it goes straight back to 'sonos app needs updating.
There must be something simple that I'm missing...
icon

Best answer by John B 14 April 2018, 12:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi @amun. If you are missing something, then so am I. I had the same issue on my Android phone and my Fire. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the phone app, but not the Fire. I note that my Fire still says its on 8.5. My best guess is that the Fire has a flag to look for an update to 8.5.1, but the Amazon App Store is lagging a bit and only has 8.5 still. If we leave it a bit and try later it may be OK. Controller seems to work fine as it is.
Hi @amun. If you are missing something, then so am I. I had the same issue on my Android phone and my Fire. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the phone app, but not the Fire. I note that my Fire still says its on 8.5. My best guess is that the Fire has a flag to look for an update to 8.5.1, but the Amazon App Store is lagging a bit and only has 8.5 still. If we leave it a bit and try later it may be OK. Controller seems to work fine as it is.
Thanks, John - at least it's not just me...
As you say, maybe wait and see is the best option 🙂
I am having the same issue on my Fire.
So this wasn't the fix in 8.5.1? I was taking the assumption it was a quick client side fix, and this had popped into my head when I saw the update.
Mine sorted now, although I had to uninstall and reinstall the app again to get there.
Mine sorted now, although I had to uninstall and reinstall the app again to get there.
Thanks - I've just uninstalled it and then reinstalled, and it now seems to be working OK....