Answered

Is the S1 App Supported?

• 8 May 2022
  • 1 reply

My wife has the S1 app on her Ipad and Iphone and have the S1 app on my Android phone and also on my Windows laptop. The app only works on my Windows laptop, not on any of our other devices.

We have gotten the REALLY annoying requests to upgrade to the S2 app when opening our S1 app. We have declined because we know the S2 app is not compatible with our speakers. 

What is happening now is the S1 app loads but then tells me all of my speakers are incompatible and wants me to update to the S1 app (which I am currently using), then a Sonos update screen pops up with the option to update, I select update and it looks like it is updating, then I get a Update Problem screen, and an option to try again which just puts me in an endless loop.

Is this an app problem or is Sonos not supporting the older speakers any longer? Is my only option to download an unapproved controller app from Play Store?

Also, I have tried rebooting the speakers and router. It didn’t work.

icon

Best answer by John B 8 May 2022, 22:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In your S1 mobile app, go to System Tools. Is there a compatibility checker tool? If so, run it and look for an option to remain on S1.