Answered

How to remove 'Update Now' menu item from Sonos Controller?

• 3 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
I have deselected App refresh and 'Automatically check for updates' from Sonos controllers but I still have a menu item called 'Update Now' prominently displayed in the apps. I have tried restarting the apps but it still appears. How do I remove it? I am worried that I may accidentally update the system.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ratty 3 March 2018, 22:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You can't. The system itself knows that an update is pending.
Userlevel 2
I'd like to know that too. I have "Auto Check for Updates" turned off but my system still gets hijacked every time there's an update
I'd like to know that too. I have "Auto Check for Updates" turned off but my system still gets hijacked every time there's an update
I've seen your other post. There's no 'hijacking'. Updates are voluntary, unless a new component gets added to the system and needs to update its out-of-date firmware.

What tends to happen, though, is that users allow their phones/tablets to auto-update all apps. The Sonos controller auto-updates, and then because the firmware is out of step the controller has to request a full system update. The solution is to stop the controller app from auto-updating in the first place. I don't know about iOS but this per-app option is available on Android.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Remember the latest update will probably be the equivalent of giving your CR100 a suicide pill. When the day for disconnection comes, it will simply drop off the system...