Answered

How to leave Sonos Beta

• 10 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I would like to leave Sonos Beta testing. iTunes doesn't recognize it, and I would like to not be asked to download updates each time I use the application, especially when apple will not let me use the app on my phone when I do.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 12 June 2018, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1696
that link is broken
Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android:

From the Sonos music menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Beta Program
Review the onscreen information and tap the button labeled “Leave Beta Program”
Uninstall the Sonos app from your mobile device and reinstall the Sonos app from Sonos Support Homepage or from the App or Google Play Store. Please be sure to perform this step for any devices you have used while a Sonos Beta member.
Once the Sonos app has reinstalled, connect to your existing system and update your system by tapping “Online Updates” under the “Settings” menu.

Using the Sonos app for Mac or PC:

In the toolbar, click Sonos > Preferences (Mac) or Manage > Settings (PC).
In the window that pops up, click “Advanced” in the pane on the left side.
From the Advanced Settings menu, click the header “Advanced Settings” then click the button labeled “Improve Sonos”. Review the onscreen instructions and click the button labeled “Leave Beta Program”
Uninstall the Sonos app from your mobile device and reinstall the Sonos app from Sonos Support Homepage or from the App or Google Play Store. Please be sure to perform this step for any devices you have used while a Sonos Beta member.
Once the Sonos app has reinstalled, connect to your existing system and update your system by navigating to the “Sonos” menu (Mac), or “Manage” menu (PC), and clicking “Check for Updates”.
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
that link is broken

We recently switched over to a new domain for our FAQs so the old links no longer work. I've fixed the link in jgatie's post. Smilja's post has the correct information, also located here.