how to get existing music using Sonopad

• 9 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Sonos recently stopped working on our aged ipad, we downloaded sonopad - but it will only play the radio? how to we get our existing music library to play through the iPad and onto the sonos system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonopad will take the local library and installed music services from the Sonos Speakers automatically... see screenshot attached. I believe the App does not support 'on this device' mobile libraries, that would need to be something to take up with the Sonopad developers.

NAS Box and local computer libraries however are supported.
thank you for the reply -We have the the same screen as your screenshot - however the part on yours that shows the album cover is blank.
I dont quite understand the "local library" V the "on this device" ? we downloaded all the music from Itunes to the ipad? we clicked the sonos app the we had a list of the music?
can you explain what you mean by "local library and installed music services from the sonos speakers" - sorry for sounding a bit dim - but I dont quite understand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
In the App Store description, under Limitations, it says:

No playing of music stored on iPad
In the App Store description, under Limitations, it says:

No playing of music stored on iPad

Ah thanks controlav, I though that was perhaps the case, but nice to have it confirmed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
As a 3rd party app author myself I can totally relate why this is not supported by SonoPad, or any other 3rd party app to my knowledge. File shares from a desktop are the reliable way to play personal music files.