Guest Queue/Approval

• 5 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I know this topic has been asked in the past and Sonos has not added the feature, but I will ask again.

Can Sonos or is there another way to allow guests on your WiFi Network to ONLY be able to add music to the end of the queue? While I allow friends on my wireless network, I hate it when they try to add songs and do "play now" instead of add to the end of the queue.

It would be nice to have the "owner" only allow guests to add to the end of the queue and/or have an approval before songs are added by none owners.

Any thoughts?

Mark

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hey there, Pfeif4. Thanks for posting. I am happy to add your name to the list of users who've requested this. I see a huge benefit in a feature like this. How would you implement something like that? I know some users have brought up a party mode for guest access to a home Sonos system. Keep the conversation and feedback going. We are listening.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 1
How would I implement it?

1. Need to recognize "owners" of the system. Much like other smart home devices, there is a registered owner and then you can "share" ownership or allow guest access.

2. Need to allow guests - This could be (A) anyone on the network is allowed, (B) only approved guests can control system (party mode). In B, owners have to approved a non-owner device to be allowed access.

3. Guests - Add permissions for guests to Allow to play now, allow to add to end of queue,

Shoot I think there is even a short term option... Still need to know who the "owners" are of the system and then provide an ability to disallow guests that abuse the privilege - Just disable their app 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sonos employees and bosses must be family ppl with no friends visiting and playing music?
Sonos we need a way to allow guests to play their playlists from GPM or Spotify etc.
Cmon!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Is it possible to buy a Chromecast into TV and then android users can cast their Spotify etc??