Answered

Difference in iOS and Windows S2 apps

• 2 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Over the last couple of months I have been creating a playlist on the Sonos app, from my music library on my iphone, without any problems.

Suddenly just after Christmas I could no longer find the playlist on my phone or my ipad, which are both running the new app.

Today I updated the app on my windows 10 PC and the playlist was there, but still not on the ios devices.

I added the playlist to Favourites on the PC app and it then appeared on my ipad app, but still not on the iphone app.

Has anybody else had similar problems, or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 January 2021, 19:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi. I think you must be missing something because your post doesn't really make sense.

No playlists of any kind are stored in tne Sonos apps, neither mobile or desktop.

Sonos playlists are stored on the speakers and Sonos apps are just being used to create, view and control those playlists. Therefore Sonos playlists will look identical from any controller. Sonos playlists cannot contain tracks stored on a mobile device. 

Or perhaps you are talking about music service playlists? Could you please clarify what you are talking about?

My first thoughts here were that the ‘playlist’ referred to was perhaps a ‘room queue’ and the queue was then subsequently saved to the ‘My Sonos’ area as a ‘playlist’, which is where it was seen in the mobile controller Apps. A room ‘queue’ is normally hidden in the mobile Apps, but is accessible from the ‘Now Playing’ screen which is often minimised.  The playing queue however is visible in the Desktop App.

So those are my thoughts as to what may have happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Several users have reported the iOS app not showing any Sonos playlists until you do something to provoke it eg a search. Keep using the PC app for now and hopefully Sonos will fix the iOS app soon.