Answered

Deleting songs/playlists

• 26 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Cannot delete songs from playlists using iOS iPad, even when offers delete it does not delete. Can’t even delete the whole playlist. How do I get playlists off my Sonos?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 December 2018, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Libby123,

Which type of playlists are you referring to here...?

There are playlists for example held in Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, some of which belong to the service and cannot be deleted. Then there are your own created playlists in those music services, which you may create and manage in the native App belonging to those services.

Then you may have local library playlists, which you create and manage locally using (for example) iTunes or Windows Media Player ... so you would manage and delete those using your chosen local software.

Then there are the 'My Sonos' playlists that you create and manage just within the Sonos App itself, which can both be managed and deleted using the options from either the 'Edit' or the (...) ellipsis menus available, as briefly shown in my attached iOS iPad screenshots.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Controller v9.3.1 Build 47.2.60010

I also want to delete playlists but can not find/see any of the options discussed above.

Under BROWS I have a page of icons (Artists, Albums.... etc Imported Playiists) - Can only OPEN them to new page view of contents.

Opening the icon I see a list of my iTunes Playlist (I want to remove some and add others) THREE DOTS in upper right allow the following choice only: (add to my Sonos):

If enter the playlist the dots now offer:
Add Playlist to my Sonos,
Add to Sonos Playiist
Play in another room
Play Now
Play Next
Add to end of Queue
Replace Queue

NO RED anything, No REMOVE/Delete option.

DESKTOP CONTROLLER GONE for my operating system (thanks for that; NOT - what are you thinking with no backward support or compatibility?) So I have to use either my old iPad or my old iPhone.
Those playlists are imported from iTunes. You have to delete them in iTunes, then reindex the Sonos library. There is no other way to remove them.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The playlist is not from (on) the ipad... it's from a desktop server. Same answer?
Yes, same answer.