Create an App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartWatch

• 10 October 2013
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A customer would like to have an App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartWatch. Including full control for the volume, skipping tracks etc. What do you think about it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Agree this would be valued attribute and what Sonos seems to be all about to stay ahead / keep up with the curve. I have just switched from Deezer to Spotify as they advertise compatibility with S3 Gear and Sonos directly. Unfortunately this does not allow S3 to control the Sonos system which is what i had hoped for. The Spotify app is not great for volume control in different rooms either and this is best done through the Sonos app presently.
The entire category looks to be a big snooze right now. Voice control, on the other hand, has taken off big time. Pretty sure Sonos is putting its development resources in the right category. ;)

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/31/smartwatches-failed-to-excited-in-2016/
Had a quick shifty of the link and didnt look like S3 was covered in the article mentioned but my view is that it's an excellent piece of kit that ouses quality and addresses many of the shortcomings mentioned. The voice interaction with the watch seems pretty faultless too... ! Control of the Sonos system can only benefit from such tech...
Userlevel 2
An app has just been released for the Gear S3. I have installed it and it does everything I need play, pause, next / previous track and volume control via the bezel. Options to show album art and easy to select multiple zone players. The app is called ZP Player, but I found it by searching for sonos.
Badge +1
Sonos, is there any development in progress for a Smartwatch App? This is a growing market and a smartwatch is the perfect device to control Sonos, even if limited, as it would always be with you. Definitely need an official App for the Tizen Smartwatch - Gear S2, S3. Please:)
Badge +1
An app has just been released for the Gear S3. I have installed it and it does everything I need play, pause, next / previous track and volume control via the bezel. Options to show album art and easy to select multiple zone players. The app is called ZP Player, but I found it by searching for sonos. How did you get the ZP Player to work? I can't connect mine to my Sonos system.
Userlevel 2
An app has just been released for the Gear S3. I have installed it and it does everything I need play, pause, next / previous track and volume control via the bezel. Options to show album art and easy to select multiple zone players. The app is called ZP Player, but I found it by searching for sonos. How did you get the ZP Player to work? I can't connect mine to my Sonos system.

The app is called ZP Controller, you need to enable WIFI on the Gear S3 and then enter the IP address on one of the Zone Players and click Scan. This will then search for all the Zone Players you have and save them on the app. If you have DHCP enabled and not a fixed IP address on your router for the Zone Players then the IP address of the initial Zone Player may change which stops the app working.
Sería genial que hicieran una oficial para este reloj. Muchas gracias:D
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch and was really hoping that either the standard Music app or the third party "ZP Controller" app would work with it, but unfortunately this is not the case.

If I run the Sonos app on my phone the watch's Music app shows me what is playing but I can't change the volume etc. It seems to alter the phone's volume rather than Sonos'.

The ZP Controller app fails to connect to the ZP. I know the IP address is correct because I can browse to it using a web browser.

There is also a lot of recent reviews saying that it doesn't work with Galaxy Watch.

I would love to an official Sonos app for Tizen watches - just controlling the phone app would be fine.