CR100 coupons

Userlevel 1
This coupon rebate is the most poorly handled customer retention program I have ever witnessed. An email announcing the planned bricking of several hundred dollars of hardware purchased in good faith from the company. Great, thanks for the warning. Too bad you never asked my opinion or gave me the option of keeping it. Then you offer a single coupon for the 1 to N number of CR100s that I have. Not one coupon per device, no, just one. Although I did have to contact support to find this out. It wasn't communicated in the email announcement. So at this point, I was PO'd at this taking more time out of my day. But wait, here is a form to fill out. It requires all of my personal information (that I have in the account that I've had to create for some strange reason) and the individual product serial numbers. The completion of this step generates a third email that requires a verification of my email address, and that takes me to a screen that tells me the link as expired. Friday a fourth email arrives with the actual discount code in it.

Fast forward to today, when I decided to use my coupon to purchase a $500 Connect:Amp for my birthday which is Monday. Went to the purchase screens, yes, there are at least four of them required to purchase,Amazon has two BTW, and the code isnt accepted. It just throws an error message. Coupon not accepted for this order.

So now I am more irritated than the day I learned of the CR100 retirement. Congratulations, I am now to the point of turning off auto updates, and making sure I never provide Sonos another dime of my money.

Your Marketing and Sales department has single-handily turned a rabid, long-term (twelve year) pro customer with thousands of dollars worth of your product into an angry bitter ex-customer who will make sure everyone knows how little the company values the satisfaction of its customers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
This coupon rebate is the most poorly handled customer retention program I have ever witnessed. An email announcing the planned bricking of several hundred dollars of hardware purchased in good faith from the company. Great, thanks for the warning. Too bad you never asked my opinion or gave me the option of keeping it. Then you offer a single coupon for the 1 to N number of CR100s that I have. Not one coupon per device, no, just one. Although I did have to contact support to find this out. It wasn't communicated in the email announcement. So at this point, I was PO'd at this taking more time out of my day. But wait, here is a form to fill out. It requires all of my personal information (that I have in the account that I've had to create for some strange reason) and the individual product serial numbers. The completion of this step generates a third email that requires a verification of my email address, and that takes me to a screen that tells me the link as expired. Friday a fourth email arrives with the actual discount code in it.

Fast forward to today, when I decided to use my coupon to purchase a $500 Connect:Amp for my birthday which is Monday. Went to the purchase screens, yes, there are at least four of them required to purchase,Amazon has two BTW, and the code isnt accepted. It just throws an error message. Coupon not accepted for this order.

So now I am more irritated than the day I learned of the CR100 retirement. Congratulations, I am now to the point of turning off auto updates, and making sure I never provide Sonos another dime of my money.

Your Marketing and Sales department has single-handily turned a rabid, long-term (twelve year) pro customer with thousands of dollars worth of your product into an angry bitter ex-customer who will make sure everyone knows how little the company values the satisfaction of its customers.

I feel your pain! 😞
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Well at least you have a discount code even if you cant use it! I still haven't even recieved mine weeks after filling in the form...!?
As a good friend of mine would say, what a f....ing shambles!
😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The coupon is only good for purchases directly from the Sonos web store and only one promotion (coupon or sale offer) can be used per purchase. If your coupon fails there check for leading or trailing blank spaces and try again. If it still fails call Sonos.
Got mine weeks ago, turned it right around to buy an iPort XPress on Sonos store site. No problemo.

Doubt that a FUD campaign by a few unhappy campers wanting to cling to outdated tech will have much effect on the millions of happy Sonos customers.
Userlevel 2
jyr02 you are absolutely spot on. I'm also a 12 year heavily invested Sonos pioneer who now is being totally turned off by the accountants proposing we pay again for some miserly compensation offer. If the batteries are unsafe then recall as per the auto and other honourable brands do. Voucher value should be same as we paid for each controller in the first place. Sonos do you care at all about us old timers or is it all for the fast "young $ / £ . I think I know the answer !
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
... Doubt that a FUD campaign by a few unhappy campers wanting to cling to outdated tech will have much effect on the millions of happy Sonos customers.
FUD by a few unhappy campers (rather than Sonos) Really? 😛
1. I have at total of 6 x CR100 controllers does this mean I can claim 6 x £100 = £600.00

Someone Please confirm

2. If you send an update that harms / stops my currently working CR100’s is this not illegal? You are sending an update to my WORKING CR100’s to stop them working.

Please SONOS put me in touch with someone more senior to clarify the legality of your intentions

I really concerned that I am going to have to pay out a lot more money to replace something that is working

Kind regards

hstojak
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
1. I have at total of 6 x CR100 controllers does this mean I can claim 6 x £100 = £600.00

Someone Please confirm

2. If you send an update that harms / stops my currently working CR100’s is this not illegal? You are sending an update to my WORKING CR100’s to stop them working.

Please SONOS put me in touch with someone more senior to clarify the legality of your intentions

I really concerned that I am going to have to pay out a lot more money to replace something that is working

Kind regards

hstojak

Two great questions - But you might also want to email Sonos directly as they are not know for prompt answers such questions asked on this forum.
I like many of you have multiple CR100 controllers and received a lousy $100 for the 4. If I was dishonest I would have used 4 different addresses as the credit is "one per household". But that's OK. As I have a number of followers and friends who ask me about Sonos I can tell them the story of how Sonos management has changed their ways and Sonos products can be EOL'd at a whim and that they should expect to get little for their your investment. To date, I'm counting several thousands in purchases going elsewhere -- all because Sonos didn't treat us right.
Just used my CR100 voucher and was surprised to see that it got me £125 off of my Sonos One purchase rather than the £100 I was expecting...was this announced and I just missed it?
Badge
I received my voucher a few weeks ago and I was also surprised to see it gave me £125 off. I purchased to Alexa 1 which I have to say I am not that impressed with. I did the update this afternoon and signed the death warrant of my trusty CR100. Very sad to see it go having used it quite happily for the last 12 years. To say the app on my iPhone is a pain in the preverbal is an understatement. Lets hope Sonos come up with a better working of it or dare I say it a new controller which I would happily purchase.
I received my voucher a few weeks ago and I was also surprised to see it gave me £125 off. I purchased to Alexa 1 which I have to say I am not that impressed with. I did the update this afternoon and signed the death warrant of my trusty CR100. Very sad to see it go having used it quite happily for the last 12 years. To say the app on my iPhone is a pain in the preverbal is an understatement. Lets hope Sonos come up with a better working of it or dare I say it a new controller which I would happily purchase.

I have seen others recommend the Neeo remote...not the cheapest but MIGHT be the new remote for you.

Now at 16 devices in my home and not sure how many more I'll be needing unless Sonos bring out something truly groundbreaking
Badge
Hi thanks for the info on Neeo, just had a look and it certainly is interesting but at $360 a bit much for me at the moment. I would be interested to hear from anyone who is using it. Cheers
Same goes for me really. Especially as i alreadybhave a Harmony Elite that does a fine job of everything else (and I don’t even use that for a Sonos)
This company has no problem instantly making your equipment investment worthless. I have 7 CR100 controllers that I was happy with. And now they are all junk? Sonos has gone from hero to zero. I have been a Sonos user and advocate for over a decade but no more. The company has lost its way. Would no longer recommend Sonos to anyone. They've gone from hero to zero. And it now seems like every time you want to listen to your music, you have to go through a lengthy software update. I have a lot of Sonos components - time for some eBay auctions.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
This company has no problem instantly making your equipment investment worthless. I have 7 CR100 controllers that I was happy with. And now they are all junk? Sonos has gone from hero to zero. I have been a Sonos user and advocate for over a decade but no more. The company has lost its way. Would no longer recommend Sonos to anyone. They've gone from hero to zero. And it now seems like every time you want to listen to your music, you have to go through a lengthy software update. I have a lot of Sonos components - time for some eBay auctions.:@
Please keep this to yourself or you will make it harder for others to go the eBay route to an alternative music playing system!