Cover art gone in latest android update

• 30 January 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
I upgraded yesterday to the lates version for Android. After this none of the cover art in my local music collection is shown any more. They did previously.

My local music collection are on a NAS where each album folder has a folder.jpg in 1024x1024 resolution.

All music files are flac with no embedded cover art in them.

Is this a bug or a change in how cover art are handeled?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Forgot to mention that music files play fine from my local music collection.

Cover art from music on Spotify and Bandcamp does show. Is only from local collectiin which does not show.
Userlevel 1
Submitted a diagnostic: 8431499
Hi there, trygvelie. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Here are some of the limitations regarding Album Artwork
  • 1024 x 1024 for embedded image (2048 x 2048 supported for CONTROL (CR200)).
  • Up to 320kb in size on iOS and Android (with no resolution limit).
  • JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP supported for embedded image.

Let me know if you find this helpful! Thanks!
Hi. Just noticed similar problem. Cover art missing on almost the whole library, both on android app and pc client. Were working great before latest updates on almost 30000+ songs in both mp3 and flac. The art is embedded in the files.
Hi there, Pyka. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Have you re-indexed your music library, since you noticed this?

Since it was working beforehand, it likely followed the requirements posted in my previous response, however, it's always safe to check.
Hi Keith. Yes, did that 2 or 3 times. No difference. Its strange...now some work..some dont. Even in the same album. Have to run some network tests. Feels like some kind of an timeout for reading cover art.
Did some network configs...and yea it probably was some kind of read timeout for the cover art, strange. Had no latency nor lag when playing music.
Understood. That is certainly odd. If you open a music player, like iTunes, does the artwork appear as expected? Missing metadata can be tricky to pin down. Perhaps if you give our support technicians a call they can take a look with you in real time. Through a remote session, they may be able to give some better direction and get this sorted.
Yea...agree. I dont use Itunes. But i sometimes use my older squeezebox system and DS player for streaming outside my home via synology. And i cant remember that i had any problems with any metadata. Since some changes on the network, it now works perfectly on my Sonos system.
Is it possible to look up what kind/to what the speakers are connected to? Like i have one Wifi-router and 2 APs + one of the speakers are connected via lan cable. Its harder to troubleshoot the network if i don't know which connection the speakers use or what it communicates to. The only info i can get via the pc client is the ip-adress of the speaker.
With a support diagnostic report, I would be able to tell you what speaker is talking to what. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number and I will be happy to let you know how the data is being routed along.

Thanks!