Cannot add services

Userlevel 2
Badge
Is anyone else having issues recently with adding music services? I’ve tried to add a few like QOBUZ and Audible. I can log into the services to pair but after I return to SONOS there is an error that the service couldn’t be added.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I should clarify that I cannot add any new music service. Error cannot add service is always displayed. Is this a SONOS glitch or what? Cannot add from my desktop controller or iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, burtelson1. Welcome to the community. Not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Is there an error message code? Can you try rebooting your router for us? If that doesn't work, following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for the quick reply.
Diag Confirmation code is 433820796
Userlevel 2
Badge
No error message code. I land on the service’s landing to page to log in for instance Audible. I sign in with my audible account. It says registration confirmed. I go back to SONOS and it says Error cannot add audible service. That’s with every service I try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I had the same symptoms with YouTube music (on the PC and iOS controllers), though all the other existing services are working fine. Sonos were unable to assist me, and I couldn't be bothered to call Google so I cancelled my YT subscription.
Userlevel 2
Badge
All my current services that are installed are fine. No issues with playback. If I want to add new services like audible, Disney and QOBUZ they just won’t add on.
Userlevel 2
Badge
After continuous troubleshooting it appears that a SONOS account cannot have more than 30 music services connected. After deleting several I was able to get these services to finally connect. In case anyone has an issue in the future with this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hmm, interesting. I have 26 services registered, maybe I should try deleting one then adding YT again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
That was it burtelson: I had too many music services. I removed one, then I could add YT Music no problem. Shame Sonos couldn't tell me (or you) this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Blimey, what are you guys paying in subscription fees? Hah

I'll admit, I was unaware of this limitation myself. I can only assume it's not common knowledge because we don't encounter it that often - I'm definitely going to mention it via our internal channels. Thanks, good catch, burtelson1.