Answered

Both S1 and S2 apps on IOS concurrently

• 10 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I have around 14 different Sonos speakers operating across one network controlled by the S1 controller. I want to add a SONOS Roam for the bathroom however I understand that it can’t be added to the S1 network (please someone confirm this or not). I have a two part question: a) Can I set up and operate both S1 and S2 on the same network and b) can i install and operate both S1 and S2 apps on the same IPhone?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 August 2021, 22:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes, and yes.

Userlevel 7

The Sonos Roam is only compatible with the S2 app.

You can operate both S1 and S2 on the same network and install and operate both versions of the app on the same iPhone.

Thanks for fast response. Helps me out as I’m about to order one as a birthday present for my wife and the last thing i want to do is add too much complication into what is a (currently) simple set up to use!

S1 and S2 are separate systems, sharing the same phone/pad/computer for two separate controller Apps. A player will be visible on one or the other system, not both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you want to use a single app to control both S1 and S2 systems, get SonoPhone from the app store.