Battery drain on Android app 9.0.1

Userlevel 2
Badge
3 minutes ago
I see I'm not the only one with this problem - the latest update seems to have caused the app to consume more battery than the screen, even with notifications and lock screen off! I've had no choice but to uninstall the app as killing it, clearing cache etc, none of the usual things fixes it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

77 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have a Google Pixel 3 running Android 10 and the SONOS app still eats battery. But when I kill it on my Pixel it stays dead. So I just set up what I want to play, adjust stuff, then kill the app. Crappy way to get things done but it works.
Next time you run into the battery drain problem, why not submit a diagnostic, and let Sonos know. Maybe there would be something in it that will help them track down the issue?

It would at least give them some specifics about your system which might help them recreate this issue in their QA department.