Answered

App says S1 not compatible and S2 not available in my region

• 15 July 2020
  • 4 replies

When I launch on Android phone (working fine with my Play 1 based  setup 2 days ago) it says S1 controller is not compatible, and insists I upgrade to S2 controller. The store says S2 is not available in my region (UK) but the text is all chinese or japanese. I’m now stuck in thsi stupid loop. I have reset , uninstalled , reloaded searched for the existing system (rwhich uns fine on my PC) all to no avail. total time wasted so far 4 hours!

I have to say that the constant upgrdes and re-loads every time I move between 2 houses has made using Sonos a complete waste of my time - really very disappointed as the system works well when it works - but is less than useless when tghis kind of thing happens.  It stopped working on my ipad ages ago and will be thrown out when the final controller tells me its not compatible . Grrrrrr

The advice that I can carry on using s1 is of no use if the “you need to update to s2” message wont go away.

All and Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by rjlawson 15 July 2020, 16:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Can you search for ‘Sonos’ in the Play Store - you should be able to install the new app directly, then run it & connect to your system?

I will try that shortly

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would stick with S1. However the fact that you have foreign text and random app messages would imply your Android device is compromised, so anything is possible.

Searching for S2 controller  in Play store and installing FIXED the issue quickly, but it was extremely frustrating that the Controller should get locked into this loop unnecessarily.  I appreciate the difficulties in testing software but I have to rate the Sonos experience down in terms of the frequency and issues Ive encountered over the last year or so.   BUT all is well that ends welll  - Thanks for the assistance everyone.  :-):fearful: