App is asking me to sign into an existing account with an email address that is not mine

• 19 July 2018
  • 3 replies

The new app (Android) is asking me to register my speakers by signing into an account with an email address that is not one I recognize.

I have my own Sonos account, but it won't let me sign in with it.

What gives?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3427

Specifically this part:

You can also change the email your Sonos system is registered to at a later time through the Sonos app.

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Registration > Change Sonos Account.
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > Sonos System Registration > Change Sonos Account
That sounds awesome, but 'Settings' isn't an option for me anymore when I open the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Settings should be in the More section of the app, you can get there by pressing on More at the bottom of the app. If that's not available, there should be an option in the app when it asks for your email that says "I don't have access to this email" or "Transfer account". This could be hidden under the keyboard on some mobile devices, or off the screen if you're view is zoomed in too much.