Question

Android "on device' playlist gone after update.

• 4 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

After the most recent update of the sonos app on my Android, my on this device playlists are missing. The artists and songs are there and play fine. The app for some reason can't see the playlists. I've tried un/reinstall the app but no go. Other apps (DoubleTwist) can see the playlists fine. Note that this worked fine before the update.

Thanks,
Brian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there, Brian. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. It's great to hear that your playlists haven't gone missing. What do you use to create your playlists on your Android phone? Thanks for the clarification.
Hey Keith,

I was using DoubleTwist for quite a while with no problem. Just today, i tried creating one in goolge play but it didnt show up either.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian
Hi there, Brian. Thanks for the details. When you create a playlist in DoubleTwist, do you know if DoubleTwist creates these playlists in M3U, WPL or PLS formats? Can you find these playlist files on your Android device? Are they located in your music folder?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Keith,

Thanks for the help.

Not sure if you are familiar with DoubleTwist or not. Basically it works in conjunction with a windows app where the iTunes library is hosted and syncs music files and playlists etc to the phone. It also allows you to create your own playlists within the app on the phone.

For playlists created in iTunes and synced to DT the music is stored:
/storage/3161-3532/Android/data/com.doubleTwist,androidPlayer/files/Music/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM/SONG

and the M3U playlist file are in these locations
/storage/3161-3532/Android/data/com.doubleTwist,androidPlayer/files/collections/PLAY_LIST_NAME.m3u
/storage/3161-3532/Android/data/com.doubleTwist,androidPlayer/files/Music/PLAY_LIST_NAME.m3u

For playlists created directly within DT the M3U file is:
/storage/3161-3532/Android/data/com.doubleTwist,androidPlayer/files/collections/PLAY_LIST_NAME.m3u

Doesn't look like any music app on the phone can see those list ... not Sonos nor Google Play Music. Samsung Music (I have a Galaxy S7) is the only player where I can create playlists within that app and have it be available to Sonos. These are stored in:

/storage/emulated/0/Playlists/

But cannot be accessed by any file explorer that I have.

Am I missing something?