Answered

Android controller not displaying local Music Library

• 14 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
After update to 8.4. my android controllers are not displaying the Music Library (local smb share on an ArchLinux NAS). Songs off the NAS play fine if I start them from a Sonos playlist that contains LIbrary Music, but they wont show up in the Android controller, Library is shown on the CR100 controller (have not checked desktop apps as I mostly use linux).
I tried reindexing the share, deleting and adding the share (which seems to work as playlists still play).
Does any one face a similar issue?
Submited diagnostic 1661247771 for this.
icon

Best answer by quintanarra 16 March 2018, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hey there, quintanarra! Thanks for posting about this and for the diagnostic report. Based on my findings it seems that Sonos should be able to access your entire 18,797 track library. Have you tried removing the app from your Android device and re-downloading the controller itself? Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks @KeithN. Issue is fixed, but the reinstall of the android app did not fix it. Not sure exactly what did it....I rebooted the NAS and also powered off my :connect and :amp devices, moments later I could browse the library again on the android apps. My guess is the indexing or some other process that uses the NAS got stuck.
I have the same problem. The tracks are my own recordings. So no DRM concern. I un- and re-installed Sonos. Still the tracks are greyed out. The old recorded tracks are accessible. It is only the recent ones greyed out. I see from the forums that this problem has been around for years. Sonos still has no solution. I regret I invested in an seemingly orphan product.
You may want to submit a diagnostic after trying to access those tracks, then post the number here, or call in to discuss with the support staff. I suspect there's something going on, either in terms of the format they're saved in, or something else. Have you double checked the application that you used to generate them, to see if they've possibly changed a setting during an update?

Here's the formats that Sonos can deal with: Supported Audio Formats
I have a few Sonos Play 1 and Sonos Play 3. All controlled by the Android app. I can't see any of my NAS files in the app, only streaming services and "Local Files". Should I be able to see my music library on the NAS drive? I have a PnP media server running with iTunes and SMB.
I have a few Sonos Play 1 and Sonos Play 3. All controlled by the Android app. I can't see any of my NAS files in the app, only streaming services and "Local Files". Should I be able to see my music library on the NAS drive? I have a PnP media server running with iTunes and SMB.

Did you add your music library in the Sonos settings? Sonos needs to access your music share and do an index. See this link for instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US
Hi, right, missed that. Thanks. Very useful. I don't use Windows or Mac (I'm on Linux), so will see how it can be done with Android.